Find out more about who we are and how you can give.
Is Climate Change or Sustainability integrated with Aerospace and Defense, and where does HADAO stand on Sustainability?
Climate change and sustainability are becoming increasingly important topics within the aerospace and defense industry, as these industries significantly impact the environment. HADAO recognizes the importance of addressing these issues and is committed to promoting sustainable practices within the aerospace and defense community. The organization encourages its members to engage in discussions and initiatives related to sustainability, including exploring sustainable aviation fuels, reducing carbon emissions, and promoting responsible resource use. While HADAO’s primary focus is connecting Harvard alums and friends in the aerospace and defense industry, the organization is mindful of balancing economic, social, and environmental considerations to achieve long-term success in these fields.
What is HADAO doing about climate change?
As an organization focused on the aerospace and defense industries, HADAO is not directly involved in climate change initiatives. However, HADAO may collaborate with other organizations or individuals to discuss and share sustainability and climate change information within the aerospace and defense industries. Additionally, individual members of HADAO may be involved in climate change initiatives through their work or other organizations.
What are volunteer opportunities associated with the foundation?
HADAO offers various volunteer opportunities for individuals interested in supporting its mission and programs. Some volunteer opportunities may include organizing and hosting events, participating in fundraising campaigns, contributing to the organization’s newsletter or blog, serving on committees or task forces, and engaging with other alums and industry professionals. Individuals interested in volunteering with HADAO can visit the organization’s website or contact the leadership team to learn more about current opportunities and how to get involved.
How do I find more information about working for HADAO?
You can visit the HADAO website and go to the “Careers” page for information on any available job opportunities or ways to get involved with the organization. This page may include information about open positions, requirements for applicants, and how to apply. Additionally, you can contact HADAO directly through their contact page for more information or express your interest in working with the organization.
Do Harvard Alumni profit from the HADAO's work?
HADAO’s work focuses on connecting Harvard alums and friends in the aerospace and defense industry and providing educational and networking opportunities to support their professional growth and development. While HADAO’s programs and initiatives are intended to benefit Harvard alums, they are not aimed at generating profits for individual alums. HADAO is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing its mission and serving its community.
What happens to donations from different parts of the world, and are they tax deductible?
Donations to HADAO from different parts of the world are accepted and may be tax-deductible in some countries. However, it is best to consult with a tax professional or the relevant tax authority in your country to determine the specific tax implications of your donation.
How can I stay up-to-date on HADAO's latest news, events, and programs?
You can stay up-to-date on HADAO’s latest news, events, and programs by visiting the HADAO website and subscribing to their newsletter. Additionally, you can follow HADAO on social media platforms such as LinkedIn to stay informed on their latest updates. You can also attend HADAO events and engage with their community to learn more about their work and programs.
What are the specific ways that my donation to HADAO will be used to support its programs and initiatives?
Your donation to HADAO will support the organization’s various programs and initiatives, including the development of the Hybrid Museum, the scholarship program for Harvard students, and the design of space shelters for the lunar surface and red planet. It may also fund ongoing educational opportunities, events, and seminars related to the aerospace and defense industries and support the organization’s efforts to connect Harvard alums and friends with leaders in these fields. Additionally, your donation may fund outreach and recruitment efforts to attract the world’s most talented people to Harvard University and support the organization’s work promoting social relationships among Harvard alums currently working in the aerospace and defense industries. HADAO is committed to being transparent and accountable to its donors. You can contact the organization directly for more information if you have any specific questions about how your donation will be used.
How can I get involved with HADAO or support its work beyond donating?
There are several ways to get involved with HADAO and support its work:
- Attend events: HADAO hosts various events throughout the year, including seminars, panel discussions, and social events. Check the HADAO website or social media pages for upcoming events and consider attending to meet other members and learn more about the organization’s work.
- Volunteer: HADAO relies on volunteers to help organize events, manage communications, and support its core programs. Contact the HADAO leadership team to learn about current opportunities if you are interested in volunteering.
- Share your expertise: If you have experience or expertise in the aerospace and defense industries, consider sharing your knowledge by participating in a seminar or mentoring HADAO members.
- Support the core programs: HADAO’s core programs, including the Hybrid Museum, Scholarship, and Space Shelters, rely on support from members and donors. Consider making a donation or supporting these programs in other ways.
- Connect with other members: HADAO is a community of alumni and friends with a shared interest in aerospace and defense. Connect with other members, share your experiences, and support one another in your personal and professional endeavors.
How can I learn more about the impact of HADAO's work and programs?
There are several ways to learn more about the impact of HADAO’s work and programs:
- Visit HADAO’s website: The website provides information about the organization’s mission, programs, and impact. It also has a news section that highlights recent activities and events.
- Follow HADAO on social media: HADAO has active social media accounts on LinkedIn. Following these accounts will provide updates on the organization’s activities and impact.
- Attend HADAO events: HADAO regularly hosts events, such as seminars and conferences, that provide an opportunity to learn more about the organization’s work and meet its members.
- Reach out to HADAO leadership: HADAO’s leadership team can provide more information about the organization’s programs and impact. Contact information can be found on the organization’s website.
- Read about HADAO’s impact: HADAO may have publications or reports highlighting their impact in specific areas. These can be found on their website or by contacting the organization directly.
How is HADAO governed and managed?
The Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) is governed by a Board consisting of a Chairman and Board Members who are volunteers and not paid employees. Non-Harvard Alumni can be considered for paid employment and benefits. The Board is responsible for setting immediate and long-range goals, providing general direction to Officers, observing activities to ensure adherence to approved policies, and making policy decisions.
The Board comprises eight members: the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, General Counsel, and other standing board positions. A representative of Harvard Alumni Associations and HBS Clubs and Associations can be an ex-officio non-voting observer on the Board. (Download the complete HADAO bylaws)
Can non-Harvard alums or individuals not affiliated with Harvard University support or become involved with HADAO?
While HADAO is primarily focused on connecting Harvard alums and friends of Harvard who are interested in the aerospace and defense industries, non-Harvard alums and individuals not affiliated with Harvard University can still support and become involved with HADAO. HADAO welcomes individuals who share its mission and objectives and are committed to promoting social relationships, ongoing education opportunities, and facilitating interactions between Harvard alums and the aerospace and defense industry.
Non-Harvard alums and individuals not affiliated with Harvard University can support HADAO through donations or by attending HADAO events and participating in its programs. However, it’s important to note that some programs may be restricted to Harvard alums or members of the Harvard community. Nonetheless, HADAO encourages anyone interested in its mission and objectives to get involved and support its efforts to connect and engage individuals in the aerospace and defense industries.
What are some of the programs and initiatives that HADAO is currently working on?
HADAO is currently working on three core transformative programs:
- Hybrid Museum: HADAO is working towards creating a physical and virtual museum that showcases the rich history and innovation in the aerospace and defense industries. The museum aims to provide visitors with an interactive and educational experience while preserving the legacy of Harvard alums and friends of Harvard who have made significant contributions to the industry.
- Scholarship Program: HADAO has established a scholarship program for Harvard students interested in pursuing careers in the aerospace and defense industries. The scholarship aims to provide financial support and mentorship opportunities to help students achieve their goals and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
- Space Shelters: HADAO is collaborating with industry experts to design utilitarian space shelters for the lunar surface and red planet with a more significant ROI on planet Earth. The initiative aims to develop innovative solutions to space exploration and colonization challenges while also contributing to advancing the aerospace and defense industries.
In addition to these core programs, HADAO also organizes seminars, events, and other educational opportunities for members to stay updated on industry trends and connect with other Harvard alums and friends of Harvard who share an interest in aerospace and defense. HADAO also works to facilitate partnerships and interactions between Harvard alums and leaders in the industry to promote future growth and leadership opportunities.
How does HADAO connect alumni and friends of Harvard who are interested in the aerospace and defense industries?
HADAO connects alums and friends of Harvard who are interested in the aerospace and defense industries through various programs and initiatives. The organization aims to promote social relationships among Harvard alums working in the field or interested in learning more about it. HADAO offers ongoing education opportunities to keep alum members updated, including seminars and events related to the aerospace and defense industries.
The organization also facilitates opportunities for interactions between Harvard alums and the aerospace and defense industry, working to make a difference by coordinating and promoting collaborations between the two groups. Through the Hybrid Museum, Scholarship, and Space Shelters core programs, HADAO engages with Harvard alums and Friends of Harvard to help them explore and access opportunities in the industry.
HADAO is committed to liaising ideas, experiences, and views between Harvard alums and leaders from the aerospace industry. The organization embraces partnerships with leading Harvard alum clubs and associations to fulfill its mission and debate future growth strategies. HADAO strives to play an active role in positioning Harvard alums to achieve leadership positions within the aerospace industry and attracting the world’s most talented people to Harvard University.
Overall, HADAO works to create a robust network that connects Harvard alums and friends in the aerospace and defense community, providing support, resources, and opportunities for growth and development within the industry.
What is the mission of HADAO?
The mission of the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) is to create a solid and interconnected network of Harvard alums and friends in the aerospace and defense community. Our platform is a unique opportunity for individuals to connect with others in the industry, stay informed about the latest proprietary projects, and enhance their skills and knowledge through transformative programs.
At the core of HADAO is the goal of connecting Harvard alums today and tomorrow with members from various countries and cultures worldwide. Our integrated platform serves as a sweet spot of purpose for connecting Harvard alums and friends, fostering engagement and growth within the aerospace and defense communities globally.
What is the relationship between Harvard University and HADAO?
The Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) has a relationship with Harvard University as a shared interest group (SIG) and part of the Clubs and Associations at the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA).
HADAO was founded by Harvard alumni interested in the aerospace and defense industries, and its membership includes Harvard alums and friends of Harvard who share this interest.
As a SIG of the HAA, HADAO has access to specific resources and benefits provided by the association, such as event planning and promotion, email communication with members, and access to the HAA’s database of alum information.
While HADAO may collaborate with Harvard University on specific initiatives or events, HADAO is an independent organization and does not receive funding or other support from the university. Instead, HADAO relies on donations and contributions from its members, partners, sponsors, and supporters to fund its programs, projects, and initiatives.
What happens to donations coming from Canada or Australia, and are they tax deductible?
The tax implications of donating to the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) from Canada and Australia will depend on each country’s specific tax laws and regulations and the individual donor’s tax situation. Donations made to US-based non-profit organizations by individuals in Canada and Australia may be eligible for tax deductions, subject to certain limitations and requirements.
For example, donations to qualified US charitable organizations in Canada can be claimed as a tax credit on the donor’s Canadian income tax return. Similarly, in Australia, donations made to US charities can be tax-deductible if the Australian Taxation Office endorses the charity as a deductible gift recipient (DGR).
However, it is essential to note that the tax laws and regulations related to charitable giving can be complex and may vary depending on the specific circumstances of each donor. To determine the tax implications of donating to HADAO from Canada or Australia, we recommend consulting with a tax professional or financial advisor knowledgeable about those countries’ tax laws and regulations. They can guide the best ways to make a tax-deductible donation and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
HADAO, as a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, what happens to donations from the UK, and is it tax deductible?
As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States, donations made to the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) from the United Kingdom may be tax-deductible, depending on the UK tax laws and the individual’s specific tax situation. However, it is always best to consult with a tax professional or financial advisor for guidance on the tax implications of donating to a US-based non-profit organization from the UK.
UK taxpayers who donate to US-based charities can claim tax relief, but the rules and procedures for doing so can be complex. They may depend on the specific charity and the type of donation.
Additionally, there may be other rules and restrictions regarding how donations can be made from the UK to a US-based charity, such as limits on the amount that can be donated tax-free or requirements for specific documentation or filings.
Suppose you have further questions about donating HADAO from the UK and the potential tax implications. In that case, we recommend consulting with a tax professional or financial advisor knowledgeable about UK tax laws and regulations related to charitable giving.
Is it possible to assign a gift to HADAO within my will?
Yes, it is possible to gift the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) as part of your estate planning by including HADAO in your will or other planned giving instruments. This is known as a bequest.
A bequest is a gift made through your will or living trust and can take many forms, such as a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a specific asset. To make a bequest to HADAO, consult your attorney or estate planning professional to ensure your wishes are carried out according to your state’s laws.
Here is an example of how you could include HADAO in your will:
“I give, devise, and bequeath [specific dollar amount, percentage of estate, or description of property] to the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO), a nonprofit organization located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for its general purposes.”
Including HADAO in your estate plans is a beautiful way to leave a lasting legacy and support our mission for years. Please let us know if you have included HADAO in your estate plans so we can thank you and ensure your gift is used as you intended.
Can my employer match my gift?
Yes, many employers offer matching gift programs that can double or even triple the impact of your donation. Matching gifts are an easy way to increase your support of the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO) and its mission.
To find out if your employer offers a matching gift program, you can ask your human resources department or visit your employer’s intranet to see if they have a matching gift program and to obtain the necessary forms or instructions to apply for a match. The HADAO team is happy to help with any questions or provide additional documentation if required, and please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering a matching gift from your employer to support HADAO. Your generosity will significantly impact our ability to advance our programs and mission.
Will my donation be tax-deductible?
Yes, donations made to HADAO, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, are generally tax-deductible for the donor. However, tax laws and regulations can vary by country, state, or province. Hence, it’s always advisable to consult with a tax professional or accountant to determine the specific tax implications of your donation.
In the United States, donors can typically deduct the number of their charitable contributions to HADAO on their federal income tax return. HADAO can also provide donors with a receipt or acknowledgment of their donation that confirms its tax-deductible status.
Not all donations are tax-deductible, and there may be limits on the amount that can be deducted depending on the donor’s income, the type of donation made, and other factors. For example, donations made in exchange for goods or services (such as tickets to an event) may not be fully tax-deductible.
Donating to a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization like HADAO can provide the satisfaction of supporting a worthwhile cause and potential tax benefits for the donor.
What types of contributions can HADAO Partners accept?
HADAO welcomes a range of contributions from partners, including but not limited to:
Financial donations: Partners can contribute financial support to HADAO, which helps us to sustain our operations and advance our programs and initiatives.
- In-kind donations: Partners can donate goods or services that support HADAO’s programs and initiatives. In-kind donations can include things like equipment, supplies, or professional services such as legal or marketing support.
- Volunteer support: Partners can contribute their time and expertise by volunteering with HADAO’s programs and initiatives, serving on committees, or helping to organize events.
- Strategic partnerships: HADAO welcomes opportunities to collaborate with partners on joint initiatives or projects that align with our mission and values. This can include research partnerships, joint fundraising campaigns, or other types of collaborations.
- Legacy gifts: Partners can consider making planned gifts or bequests to HADAO as part of their estate planning. These gifts can provide long-term support for HADAO and help to ensure that our mission continues for years to come.
Overall, HADAO is open to discussing potential partnership opportunities with organizations or individuals who share our passion for advancing the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries. We value the support and engagement of our partners and strive to cultivate meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit both HADAO and our partners.
How can I make a donation?
Thank you for your interest in supporting HADAO! Making a donation is easy, and there are several ways to do so:
- Online: You can make a secure online donation by visiting our website and clicking on the “Donate” button. You will be directed to a page to choose the amount you want to donate and provide your payment information.
- Wire Transfer: For larger donations, HADAO can accept wire transfers. Please contact us directly for wire transfer instructions at email@example.com.
- Matching Gifts: You can also increase the impact of your donation through your employer’s matching gift program. Check with your employer to see if they offer a matching gift program and how to apply.
HADAO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. We will provide a receipt or acknowledgment of your donation for tax purposes.
Thank you for considering a donation to HADAO. Your support helps us to advance our mission and programs and enables us to make a meaningful impact in the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries.
I have donated. What does it support?
Your contribution helps to support the mission and programs of the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (HADAO).
HADAO has several core programs and initiatives that your donation may support, depending on your designated preference:
- Hybrid Museum: HADAO is developing a physical and virtual museum dedicated to aerospace, aviation, and defense, showcasing the history, innovation, and future of these industries. Your donation can support the development and operation of this museum.
- Scholarship Program: HADAO provides scholarships to Harvard students pursuing careers in the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries. Your donation can support this program and help to provide financial assistance to deserving students.
- Utilitarian Space Shelters: HADAO is designing space shelters for the lunar surface and red planet with a more significant ROI on planet Earth. Your donation can support the research and development of these shelters.
- General Operating Support: Your donation can support the general operating expenses of HADAO, including program development, outreach and communication, and other operational needs.
We are grateful for your support and commitment to advancing the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries through HADAO. If you have any questions or want more information about how your donation is used, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.