Last updated: February 25, 2023
To use the Sites, you must be able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By accessing or using the Sites, you confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Terms. Specifically, you represent and warrant that (a) you are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the state or country where you reside or are a citizen, whichever is older, and (b) if you are using the Sites on behalf of an entity, you are authorized to accept these Terms on behalf of that entity. The Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (“HADAO”), a not-for-profit association, reserves the right to limit or revoke access to the Sites for users who do not meet these eligibility requirements.
2. Additional Terms
3. Restricted Use
The Sites may contain information, materials, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, instructional documents, and any other materials (collectively, the “Content”), which is the sole and exclusive property of the HADAO, or its licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Content and the Sites solely for your non-commercial and internal purposes. Except as set forth in this Section, you may not download, copy, duplicate, sell, print, rent, lease, issue, distribute, transmit, broadcast, modify, perform, display, transfer, upload, post, create derivative works of, exploit, sublicense, or otherwise assign to any third party the Sites or Content without HADAO’s express written permission.
With respect to the Harvard Aerospace and Defense Alumni Organization (“HADAO”) Sites, Content, and User Contributions (as defined below), you are not permitted to:
- Remove any proprietary notices, or attempt to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any digital rights management, authentication, or security system used as part of the Sites, Content, or User Contributions or any host, network, system, or account related thereto;
- Interfere with or disrupt the proper functioning of the HADAO Sites, Content, User Contributions, or of any HADAO networks or systems, including those used by HADAO or HADAO Third Parties to host or provide the Sites;
- Infringe, misappropriate, or violate the intellectual property, proprietary, or privacy rights of any third party;
- Use the HADAO Sites, Content, or User Contributions for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- Provide or upload any content, data, or information to the HADAO Sites that contain viruses or malicious code or is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy or right of publicity, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Provide or upload through the HADAO Sites or User Contributions information, including personal data, of others that you are not authorized to provide;
- Use the HADAO Sites, Content, or User Contributions to develop applications, websites, or any other functionalities that leverage the HADAO Sites, Content, or User Contributions;
- Provide the HADAO Sites, Content, or User Contributions to the public, or otherwise make available any links, hypertext (Universal Resource Locator (URL) address) or otherwise grant access (other than a “bookmark” from a web browser) to the HADAO Sites or any part thereof;
- Link or shortcut to our Sites from your website, blog, or similar application;
- Use the HADAO Sites, Content, or User Contributions in a way that suggests you are a representative of HADAO or for any lobbying or political activities; or
- Cause damage to HADAO’s business, reputation, employees, members, facilities, or any other person or legal entity.
Unauthorized access to the HADAO Sites or Content, including any scraping or automated access, may result in immediate suspension or termination of your access to the Sites, Content, Credentials, or your Account (as defined below) at HADAO’s sole discretion. Using the Sites or Content for any purpose other than what is described in this Section is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor and exercise all other rights and to modify or remove any Content or User Contribution (as defined below) at any time. Still, we do not have any obligation to do so. Any opinions, advice, statements, assistance, services, offers, or information expressed or made available by third parties, including users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of HADAO.
4. Acceptance of Terms
Membership in HADAO is open to individuals interested in aerospace and defense and meets the membership criteria set forth by the association. (“Members”) are divided into two categories:
- (“Harvard Alumni”) who have graduated from Harvard University with a degree, certificate, or diploma or from an executive education program are eligible to become members of HADAO.
- (“Friends of Harvard”) who have not attended Harvard University but are interested in exploring what Harvard has to offer and its mission can also become members of HADAO.
To become a member of HADAO, you must complete the registration process on our website, which includes providing accurate and complete information about yourself, including your full name, email address, and other information, as requested. All information provided during the registration process must be verified through the ongoing correspondence of Know Your Customer (“KYC”).
Membership in HADAO is non-transferable, and members may not allow others to use their membership account or access the member-only resources available on our website. Members who violate these terms may have their membership revoked and be prohibited from accessing our website or participating in HADAO activities.
6. Member Contribution
You acknowledge and agree that subject to applicable law, HADAO may keep Member Contributions indefinitely and disclose them for any purpose. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you receive no licenses to the Sites or Content except as expressly provided in these Terms.
Please be aware that HADAO is under no obligation to allow you to post your Member Contributions on the Site, and HADAO may, in its sole discretion, use automated or other means to edit, block, refuse to post, or remove any Member Contribution (including your Member Contribution) at any time. HADAO does not endorse or take responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any content its members provide. Members are solely responsible for the content they submit and for any consequences that may arise from such content. By submitting content to the HADAO website, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and permissions to do so and that your content does not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property, privacy, or other rights.
You acknowledge, represent, and agree that all Member Contributions that you post are provided voluntarily and that if you provide a Member Contribution to any area of the Site that is available to others, HADAO and HADAO Third Parties do not control and are not responsible for the use of your Member Contribution by others. Therefore, you should exercise caution and discretion when providing Member Contributions and should not provide any information that you do not wish to be made public.
7. Use of Services
By using any of these (“Services”) listed below, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by HADAO and any additional terms and conditions specific to the particular Service you are using:
- Programs: HADAO offers various programs related to aerospace and defense, which may include training sessions, workshops, mentorship programs, and other similar activities.
- Projects: HADAO may undertake various projects related to aerospace and defense, which may include research projects, development projects, or other initiatives.
- Funds: HADAO may establish and manage various funds, including scholarships, research grants, or other funding opportunities related to aerospace and defense.
- Events: HADAO may organize events related to aerospace and defense, which may include conferences, seminars, networking events, or other similar activities.
- Webinars: HADAO may offer webinars related to aerospace and defense, including presentations, lectures, or other educational opportunities delivered online.
- Educational opportunities: HADAO may offer various educational opportunities related to aerospace and defense, including courses, workshops, or other similar activities.
- Donations: HADAO accepts donations from its members and other interested parties to support its mission and activities related to aerospace and defense.
- Fundraising: HADAO may undertake various fundraising activities to support its mission and activities related to aerospace and defense.
- Value-Added Services: HADAO may offer various value-added services in the form of a service or product, such as merchandise related to aerospace and defense.
Additionally, you agree to use the Services only for their intended purposes, which include educational, informational, and networking purposes related to aerospace and defense. You will not use the Services to promote any commercial or business activity, nor will you use the Services to engage in any fraudulent, misleading, or deceptive activity.
You understand and acknowledge that HADAO reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Services, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice. HADAO will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuation of the Services.
You also agree that HADAO may use your personal information, including your name and email address, to send you updates and communications related to HADAO and its mission. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by following the instructions.
Finally, you understand and agree that any reliance on the Services or any information or materials provided through the Services is solely at your own risk. HADAO makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Services or any information or materials provided through the Services and disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to merchantability and fitness warranties for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. HADAO will not be liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
8. Intellectual Property
In addition to the content mentioned above, all trademarks, service marks, and trade names appearing on the HADAO website, including the HADAO name and logo, are the property of HADAO or its respective owners. You agree not to use any of these trademarks or trade names without the prior written consent of HADAO or its respective owners.
You may view, download, and print content from the HADAO website for personal and non-commercial use only. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the content on the HADAO website, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of HADAO.
If you believe that any content on the HADAO website infringes your intellectual property rights, please get in touch with us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the HADAO website;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or other intellectual property.
10. Liability and Disclaimer
You acknowledge that using the HADAO website and its contents is at your own risk. HADAO disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. HADAO does not warrant that the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
HADAO will not be liable for any damages arising from the use of the website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
HADAO reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website or any part thereof with or without notice.
In the event of termination, HADAO may delete any or all of your user content, including but not limited to any personal information, materials, messages, or any other content you may have provided to the website. You agree that HADAO shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the website.
Furthermore, HADAO reserves the right to modify or discontinue any aspect of the website, including but not limited to the content, functionality, and availability of any features or services, at any time without prior notice.
12. Force Majeure
Examples of events or circumstances that may constitute Force Majeure include, but are not limited to, acts of God, such as natural disasters or extreme weather conditions, war, terrorism, government actions, epidemic or pandemic, labor disputes, power outages, and telecommunications or internet service provider failures.
13. International Use
As a United States-based organization, please note that our website and its content are governed by United States law. Suppose you access our website or its content from outside the United States. Your personal information may be transferred, stored, and processed in the United States or other countries where our servers are located. We do not guarantee that our website or its content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. Access to our website or its content from areas where it is illegal is strictly prohibited.
If you choose to access our website or its content from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You may not use or export our website or its content in violation of United States export laws and regulations. By accessing our website or its content outside of the United States, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to the United States.
If you are on the United States Treasury Department’s “Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List,” or if you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, you are not permitted to access or use our website or its content. You also agree to comply with all local laws, rules, and regulations, including those in effect in the country where you reside and the country from which you access our website or its content. Our website and its content are not intended for distribution or use in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or would require registration by us in such jurisdiction or country.